Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Introducing Essentail J / Offset Muzik Group



1.What is your full name

"Essential J" : Lorenzo D. Judkins

2. Where Are You From?

"Essential J" : I'm originally from Atlanta,GA but im residing outside of Jacksonville, Florida for the time being.

3.How Long Have You been Rapping/Singing

"Essential J" : I have been singing since around 10 and started rapping about 2 years ago. I started off just writing and producing beats for other people I knew.

4.What inspired you to begin rapping/singing?

"Essential J" : I was 14 and I found out I had GarageBand on my mac computer and I started messing around with it producing beats .When I moved down to Jacksonville the pastor of my church heard something that I rapped through a logitech headset and recorded my self. She gave me my first real microphone .Which I still use till this day.

5.What is Your Stage Name/How did You come up with it?

"Essential J" : My stage name is Essential J. Funny thing is I started off as "Young L" to "Reezy" and I decided those were whack and I wanted something with meaning and that stood out. So I took a dictionary and just randomly opened it to a page and the word "Essential" stood out to me. Meaning "a vital part of" .I feel as If Im a vital part of the underground music movement because we are the true talent.

6.What/Who is Offset Muzik Group.

"Essential J" : Offset Muzik Group is actually my very own record label/ entertainment company. I came up with the name "Offset" which means "to set off.or embellish something else" which means in the big picture I try to use my music to show that you can be different and you dont have to conform to society and ultimatively bring people to God.

7.Where was the largest venue you performed?

"Essential J" : The biggest performance ive done was a " True Hip Hop Showcase" in Atlanta, about 2 years ago.there were about 4,000 people there.This was also my first performance.So imagine my feeling haha!

8.How often do you perform?

"Essential J" : Every chance I get to touch a microphone! I try to perform at least once a month at least.

9.How far do you plan taking your career? Is this Full time?

"Essential J" : I am a Barber School student at the moment. So to answer that. No. But other than school, music is what I spend the majority of my time doing. I plan on taking my music as far as God allows me. Whether around the corner or around the world.

10. Tell the readers something about yourself that we wouldn't know.

"Essential J" : I suffer from extreme stage fright, but you could never tell. I'm addicted to twizzlers hahah, and I have a bad habit of accidentally deleting lyrics I write out of my phone.

"Essential J" : Thanks for your time Ericka I really appreciate it.

Everybody be sure to hit me up at http://www.twitter/ioffset http://www.myspace.com/offsetmuzik
http://www.facebook.com/offsetmuzik




Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you enjoyed our Quick Q & A with Mr. Lorenzo aka Essential J. If you are interested in booking him make sure you hit him on the links provided...

No comments:

Post a Comment

FanBridge.com