Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Fav. NYC Housewife Goes Nude for a Cause


Bethenny Frankel, who is well known as one of "The Real Housewives of New York City" cast, is the latest celebrity to bare her body for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)'s anti-fur ad. Her skyscraper billboard, which is located in New York City's Times Square, was shot by top celebrity photographer Joseph Cultice.

The photo shoot took place atop The Ludlow, the high-rise luxury apartment building located on Manhattan's Lower East Side. The 39-year-old TV personality was on her early pregnancy when the ad campaign was shot. "It's so tasteful and beautifully done," New York Post quoted her as saying. "I am especially pleased because it doesn't look like there's been any airbrushing and I was already pregnant when I shot it."

In an interview with PETA, which was conducted during the photo shoot, Bethenny opened up about what prompted her to stop wearing fur. "I used to wear fur. I went to a cocktail party, walked outside on Fifth Avenue, and a PETA protester was holding up a skinned animal," so she recalled. "I looked at it, and it made me sick. I felt disgusting. That day was a huge change, and since then I've really been against fur. I'm cleaning out my closets - trim, everything. I don't see any reason for cruelty."

Bethenny Frankel is currently three months pregnant with her first child. The father of her baby is her fiance, Jason Hoppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FanBridge.com