Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Todays Topic by Sweet Nector...

Baby Mama Drama
Fellas what's the BEST or WORST story you have when it pertains to dealing with the mother of your child? Back in the day before I became a mom I refused to date a man with a child because I did not have time for the drama that comes with the baby mama. Some women and men feel that the parent of their child belongs to them and should be there at their every beck and call. Then, in some instances both parents are respectful of one another's private lives. They develop the philosophy that as long as the relationship does not interfere with the parent-child relationship then everything is copastetic. From my personal experience I have seen men who claim they cannot stand there child's mother they even go so far as say they detest them. In those instances they were still sleeping with their child's mother. Or, the opposite they are still in love and care for her and really want to be with her instead of you. Children and dating are an interesting mix. Although we would love to maintain the strong family unit we have to be honest that it is not always a cohesive one. Have to be isn't always meant to be.


Mama's Boy
Does your man still have Similac on his breath? Sorry ladies but that was too funny. Have or would you ever date a mama's boy? Now I love a man that has a strong love and respect for his mother that is an indicator of how he will treat you. Yet there is something wrong when his world revolves around her viewpoint. If she does not like you then you may not stand a chance in hell in his life. Now I will be honest I dated a mama's boy before and it drove me nuts initially. His mother had that mentality that no woman was good enough for her son. I stood my ground with her and showed her that I was good for her son and I had a great deal of respect for her as well. As time passed her and I develop a strong bond that surpassed our unforeseen breakup. There is a way to maintain your stance without stepping on her toes. He never had to choose we learned how to coexist in his world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FanBridge.com