Monday, January 14, 2013

Juelz Santana Talks About His Most Personal Track on 'God Will'n'

 
Vibe: The last time Juelz Santana released a solo project, George W. Bush was still president of the United States. Yes, it’s been that long. His last album, What the Game’s Been Missing!, was released back in 2005 and produced a number of charting singles, including "There It Go (The Whistle Song)" and “Clockwork.”
 
  Thirsty fans have waited over six years for another solo release from Dipset’s underdog-–now it’s finally time for his return. On Monday Night (Jan. 14), Juelz is set to drop God Will’n, a mixtape that the Harlem rapper says is a special gift to fans that stuck by him during his trials and tribulations. “It was about just having good, good energy around me,”
 
Juelz tells VIBE of recent his career obstacles. “One thing I’m not going to do is be half-ass, so I just needed to find my creative flow again.” In 2011, Santana’s New Jersey recording studio was raided by police and the rapper was initially arrested on gun and drug charges. However, all charges were eventually dropped.
 
In the past, Juelz has admitted numerous times that the loss of his personal studio hindered his ability to create new material. Elz told VIBE he was “spoiled” by the easy studio access, but recently regained his musical drive. “I have one song that’s definitely a crazy topic on my mixtape. It’s called “My Will.” And, it’s really me writing out my living will. “It’s not really about my last days, but it’s like 'What would happen if I die tonight," Juelz continues. “A lot young people don’t think like that because we out here living reckless, doing what we do, but we don’t think about what would happen if we pass away.”
 
While Santana says fans can expect a very “sentimental” track with Future, he’s certain “My Will” will resonate the most with fans. “It was just the thoughts that came into my head… those ‘Where would this go? Who would get that? How would this go down?’ I was just trying to get it all out. This song is for the fans that loved my “Who Am I” type of songs. “My Will” is going to be their favorite.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FanBridge.com