Thursday, October 25, 2012

DNA speaks on upcoming Battle with Meek Mill





AllHipHop.com: Yeah. It was kind of a fine line. So, let me ask you a question about the big battle with Meek Mill. I heard Meek Mill on Power 99 in Philadelphia last week with DJ Cosmic Kev, talking about trying to get them, seeing who could get the money up against you. The $100,000 or whatever to do a battle, and Meek had some things to say about you as a battle rapper and a few other people. But tell me how this really evolved, because the amount of money you guys are putting up is major.
 



DNA: Well, I mean, the way it goes is that it used to be back in the day where you bet. Like, let’s say we battle for $5,000. I put up $2,500, and the person I’m battling puts it up, and then the winner gets the $5,000. Now it’s almost like boxing – you get paid, win or lose.
So when people want a certain amount of money, they find sponsors. So, I mean, that’s what we doing right now. We been in talks with a few people that’s willing to put up the $100K because they know how big the situation could be for a battle rap. So, I mean, that’s all we’re really waiting for because Meek said he’s with it, and then I asked some people I know who spoke to him and spoke to his management team, and they said that if the money’s right, they would. So, right now we just waiting for the sponsor, and if that goes through, then, you know, nine times out of 10, it should happen. If it goes down, you know it’s gonna be on URL, Smack. So, it’s definitely gonna be on the right track.

AllHipHop.com: So obviously, you know, you think there’s an opportunity for you to beat Meek, or you wouldn’t be putting yourself out there like that. But what do you see? You know, I think a battle is like fighters in the ring. What do you see as Meek Mill’s weakness in the ring if you had to say that for a battle rapper?

DNA: Number one, he hasn’t battled in this day and age. Like, that’s the main one. Like, you know, like, a lot of people could say they could play golf, play basketball. But if you’re a baseball player and never played basketball, I mean you could do it but it’s just not gonna, you know what I mean? You gotta see it to believe it. So, I’m not underestimating nobody, because anybody could do anything on any given day. But for me that’s just like my main thing. I’ve never seen him battle in this type of atmosphere, because a show and a battle is two different things – and he does shows. He’s going and performing in front of a crowd that knows everything he’s about to say, so they with him. In a battle, you gotta make people cheer for something they don’t even know that’s about to come. So, it’s way different.

AllHipHop.com: OK. So, you know, this could potentially destroy you if you lose. So what’s your strategy for winning?

DNA: I mean, I wouldn’t look at it like that. I mean, I’m 100% sure thinking that I’m gonna win. But if anything, I’m the one that has nothing to lose, everything to gain. It would destroy him if he loses. You know what I’m saying? Like, it’s almost like the underdog effect, because even though people in the battle world will vote for me, the majority of people that be knowing about the battle and be watching it, they’ll be in Meek Mill’s favor because he’s more popular than me. So, you know, if anything, I feel like I’m the underdog in that situation, but I won’t be approached like that or rated like that. So, I don’t plan on getting destroyed. I mean it hasn’t happened yet at any battle so, I repeat that.

AllHipHop.com: OK. I hear that. All right. So, in terms of what else you’re doing, after Mill’s battle comes, what else do you have on your plate and where else can people check you out?

DNA: Well, we’ll be in London from October 20-22, and we’ll be in Australia November 2-4. I got battles ands shows out there. and, you know, y’all can reach me at twitter.com/DNA_gtf0h, facebook.com/DNAgtf0h, and we’re featured in Bookins, – bookDNAnow@gmail.com.

AllHipHop.com: OK. So the real fighters always have some sh*t to talk to their opponent right before the battle. So, if you could say anything to Meek right now, what would you say to him?

DNA: You know, just get ready. I’m not the one, you know, boast or talk sh*t or say much. I just want to make the battle happen, and let all my sh*t talking and everything I’m trying to do happen when we battle. So, if he’s serious – which I think he is – like I said, we spoke to numerous people that’s close to him. And let’s make it happen.

AllHipHop.com: OK. All right. So we’re gonna stay tuned to see when this battle materializes, and keep us posted until then. And, definitely once it does happen, I’m hoping you’ll give an exclusive to AllHipHop so we can let people know what the whole situation was like.

DNA: Oh yeah. Definitely. As soon as it’s confirmed – if it is confirmed – y’all be the first to know.

AllHipHop.com: All right. Cool. So have a good trip to London, and we will talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FanBridge.com